Think about your work history or even places where those you know have worked. What was that work environment like in each place? What did you like at each of those places? What was not so pleasing? Now, keeping in mind those past work experiences, describe an ideal work environment for you. What are the working conditions? What about the salary or opportunities for advancement? What about the kind of work being done?
For this assignment, write a 4–5 page paper (before including a title page and a reference page) in which you respond to the following:
- Describe a great working environment for you.
- Evaluate specific policies and practices that create a cohesive organizational culture.
- Discuss managerial behaviors that should be common in a great working environment.
- Discuss how ethics/morality and diversity issues impact an organization.
This paper will require research beyond your experiences, specifically looking at existing policies and practices in organizations, managerial behaviors and ethics/morality, and diversity issues and their impact on organizations. You will need to reference at least three quality sources in your paper.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate policies, practices and behaviors that create a cohesive organizational culture.