Research a specific historical Hazardous Materials event. If you are a responder you may use an event you have been personally involved in. Identify the following in your paper:
1. What were the impacts of the event to people and the environment?
2. Who were the key “players” (government officials, reponders, business representatives, etc.)?
3. Was any pre-planning done?
4. Was a successful outcome attained? If so, how? If not, why?
5. What were the community & responder lessons learned from the event?
6. What were the lasting impacts of the event?
7. Provide recommendations for preventing another event, if not possible, provide recommendations for response to the next time a similar event occurs.
The body of the paper shall be 3 to 5 pages in length and must be formatted according to APA guidelines (refer to the Course Information link for APA resources). Use at least three references as research sources for your paper. The Emergency Management and Homeland Security program LibGuide, located in the Course Information link is a good place to start your research. State emergency management agency websites and the FEMA website are also excellent resources when conducting research on this topic.
#Historical #Hazardous #Materials #event #impacts